0

Louis van Gaal: Man Utd boss says he could choose to quit
Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal said he could "quit by myself" after Stoke City beat his side 2-0 to condemn them to a fourth straight defeat. The Dutchman, under pressure after seven games without a victory, was asked at his post-match news conference whether he feared he would be sacked.
Van Gaal, 64, said that was something he would discuss with executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward and not the media. "It is not always the club that has to fire or sack me," he said.
"Sometimes I do that by myself, but I am the one who wants to speak first with the board of Manchester United and my members of staff and my players, not with you."
United's miserable run has seen them knocked out of the Champions League at the group stage and slip out of the top four in the Premier League.
Van Gaal, who succeeded David Moyes in the summer of 2014, said the club had backed him "all the time" but added: "We have lost so there is a new situation."
"I feel the support of my players and my board. The fans will be disappointed but that is logical after four defeats."
Van Gaal does not think it is important that Woodward has not publicly supported him.
"For me it's much more important that people are saying that to me," he said. "I am not so interested in public sayings."
Van Gaal saw his side quickly go behind to goals from Bojan Krkic and Marko Arnautovic, and United struggled to create chances as they tried to work their way back into the match in the second half.
"We have lost the game in the first 45 minutes because we didn't dare to play our football," said Van Gaal, whose side host Chelsea on Monday.
"The circumstances now play a bigger role and will in the next game also. We have to cope with that and look for the solution."
"It is very difficult as I'm also part of four losses and I have to cope with that and I have to manage that. More important is that my players shall manage that because they have to perform."


แสดงความคิดเห็น

หมายเหตุ: มีเพียงสมาชิกของบล็อกนี้เท่านั้นที่สามารถแสดงความคิดเห็น

 
Top